Friday 31 October 2014

Happy Halloween


Happy Halloween! I thought that I would celebrate with a Christmas card - after all, everything will turn to Christmas tomorrow morning!

The inspiration photo this week is all about neutral colours, dry embossing, and snowflakes. I took a look at the gallery and the entries so far are amazing! Definitely a lot of inspiration. Here is the main inspiration photo:



And here is my card:



I cut some white cardstock with the SSS Circle on a Line die, and then I dry embossed the large piece with a snowflake embossing folder. I used my silver Wink of Stella pen to colour the raised dots and also the "line" part of the die cut. I used some brown shimmer paper (Prima) at the base of the card and glued everything onto the card base. I then die cut some snowflakes using SSS dies (I love theses snowflake dies!) - I used the Eliza die to cut one white and one brown snowflake, and then I used the Kate die to cut another white one that I coloured with the silver Wink of Stella pen to match. These dies are designed so they stack nicely - which is exactly what I did. I finished off with a gem and a white embossed greeting from My Favorite Things.

I will link to Merry Monday Challenge and to Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes.

Supplies:
Dies: Simon Says Stamp - Circle on a Line; Eliza Snowflake; Kate Snowflake
Embossing Folder: Tim Holtz/Sizzix - Snowflake Pattern
Stamp: My Favorite Things - Cheerful Christmas


11 comments:

  1. Wow, Jill. This is such a beautiful card. Love the layered snowflake and the embossed sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous snowflake, Jill! Love the embossing too! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Jill
    Have browsed your blog posts and love your style of card making . This one is quite elegant .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! Love the embossed background and your gorgeous snowflake!! WOW! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. your creativity is endless,that snowflake and embossed card is just stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! And how much work it must have been to color all those dots! But they make so much difference! And those snowflakes? Love them and they're now on my SSS wishlist :) Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeousness again!!! LVOE the sparkle and shine!!!! LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your honorable mention at Merry Monday today. Where did you get that cute embossing folder? Love your pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Jill this card is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love me some snowflakes and this card is so pretty and elegant! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You rock, girl! Congrats! But hey, your cards are just stunning! Love the design and that snowflake is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete