Friday 10 October 2014

Sympathy Card

On the weekend, I was looking for inspiration on challenge blogs, and I saw that the current challenge on The Card Concept was a colour challenge using black, white, and orange. Orange! My favourite colour! When I think of orange, I usually think of tiger lilies and sunsets... this time sunsets came to mind, and this card:



This card has been in my head for as long as I have owned the stamp (years!) but I have never gotten around to actually making it. I think that I have a hesitation around making sympathy cards - but I hate having to make them when I actually need them. My practical side one out, and I put ink to paper - three shades of Distress Inks to be precise. I used some torn paper as a mask, and then stamped the birds in black Versafine. I did add some Wink of Stella to the orange sunset (I don't think it shows up in the photo). I added a greeting, mounted the panel on some black cardstock and popped the whole thing up on a white card base. 

I will link this card to this week's Card Concept Challenge as a clean and simple card.


Supplies:
Stamps: Studio Calico/Hero Arts - Birds on a Wire; My Favorite Things - Clearly Sentimental About Sympathy
Distress Inks: Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge

Thanks for stopping by!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Hi there, just to let you know that I enjoyed going through your blog! You make beautiful cards with different styles. I also started my blog at the beginning of the same OCC as you. 😊 since then I've been having a good time taking part into these different challenges too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Perfect sympathy card. Lovely job blending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely silhouette birds and blended background. Beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this turned out beautifully-I really like the bg sponging-done so well-thanks for joining in with us at the Card Concept Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill, this is a lovely sunset for those birds to witness. :)

    Thanks so much for playing with us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete