Monday 17 November 2014

Metallic


I love using metallic elements on cards - especially on Christmas cards since it just seems to fit the occasion. When I saw the "Metallic" challenge at Virginia's View this month, I saw it as an opportunity to spread my metallic wings a little bit, and I decided that I wanted to make card using leafing.


I used a die to cut the tree shape from a "Be Creative" sheet. I then removed the backing ( I have to admit that this was a little bit more fiddly than I thought it would be) and adhered it to a piece of white cardstock. I had considered stick the sheet to the cardstock, then die cutting and adhering the shape to the card but I didn't want the extra thickness. I removed the top layer of die cut, exposing the adhesive, and then layered on the leafing - pushing it down and burnishing it with my fingers. I absolutely LOVE the result!!! To make it into a card, I used a tag die to cut the cardstock and stamped a greeting across the bottom. I popped it onto a card base that I has splatted with gold shimmer spray and added a big gold bow to top it off.

I will link this card to Virginia's View Challenge and also to CAS on Sunday where the challenge is to use ribbon, and finally to Inkspirational where the code word is Shine.

Supplies:
Dies: Savvy Dies - Flourish Tree; Sizzix/Tim Holtz - tag
Stamp: Clearly Besotted - Ornamental Style
Leafing: Mona Lisa Variegated Metal Flakes
Mist: Heidi Swapp Gold Lame Colour Shine

Thanks for stopping by!
Jill

8 comments:

  1. i'm not familiar with the stuff you used for your tree, but it certainly is gorgeous - as is your whole card! i'm loving using metallic on my cards this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly stunning Jill and what a great idea to use gold leaf. The bow tops it all. So pleased you joined is at Ink x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Jill, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love love the metallic element and how you play up the theme for this challenge! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All About Metallic” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible!! The effect is absolutely gorgeous, metallic perfection! Please excuse my stupidity but when you talk about using 'leaf' do you mean gold leaf?? If so, I've never seen it used like this before, what a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo beautiful! I love this. Your metallic tree looks fantastic and that big bow is the perfect finishing touch! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  7. OHWOW, Jill, this shiny, shimmering card really knocked my socks off!! Congratulations on the recognition from Inkspirational!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your win at Inkspirational! This card is stunning! I really love the bow. Wonderful design!

    ReplyDelete