Thursday 24 September 2015

TIME OUT #40 - Reminder

Have you had a chance to CASE Tracey McNeeley's fabulous card yet? No - well don't worry there is still time....



Gorgeous inspiration! If you love it and want to check out more of Tracey's inspiring work, head over to her blog In My Creative Opinion.

Here is my take:



Last week, my take on Tracey's card was pretty literal - some might say blatant copying! So this week, I went in a very different direction. 

A couple of weeks ago, I shared a card that used some "found in my stash from I don't know where" skeleton leaves, and I really enjoyed layering them. I decided to pull them out again and focus on the pastel colours of Tracey's design. I also white heat embossed a flower on vellum (from Altenew's Persian Motifs) and then fussy cut it out. I have to confess that I spent forever layering the leaves and the flower until I came up with a layout that I actually liked! Everything was tucked behind a SSS Fog card stock strip with a Walter & Winnie sentiment.


I really hope that you take some TIME OUT to CASE Tracey's card but before you do, please make sure to check out the inspiration from the rest of the DT and our wonderful guest designer, Stempelfrida.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Jill

5 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous take on Tracey's card. I love the colours you have used and the combo of these leaves and the flower gives a lovely texture feel to your card-a real delight x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those soft autumnal colours in the leaves are gorgeous, Jill ... they're so delicate and perfect with that lovely overhanging bloom! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the time you spent organizing and layering was definitely put to good use, as your card is beautiful, and everything is perfectly placed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those coloured leaves look so delicate! Love how you used them at the background; an original and beautiful design! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I love those leaves! How pretty they look behind that embossed vellum flower! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete