Thursday 12 May 2016

TIME OUT #56 - Reminder

There's still time!!!!!

At Time Out - and this week, we are CASE-ing this gorgeous card from Kay Miller. If you want to check out more of her creations, her website is here.




Instructions for Kay in her own words:

I started by stamping the dot background pattern in grey ink then adhered  the little stitched square frame with foam tape. I stamped, cut out, and layered all of the leaves and flowers with foam tape as well. The white swirl was die cut and tucked under the frame and flowers with a glue dot. I stamped the sentient with black ink onto a fishtail flag die cut, and adhered it with foam tape just under the edge of the frame. I added a  few clear PPP sequins to finish it up!

We also have a wonderful Guest Designer this week - Marlena has some great card designs so please stop by her website here. 

And here is my card:



I love so many elements on Kay's card that I CASE-d quite a few of them (again!!!). I started off by creating a mix of silver PearlEx and gum arabic to splatter across the card front - this is going to be new favourite technique because the gum arabic is so much thicker than water that the splatters are actually dimensional when they dry - I love this! I added some white die cut Memory Box branches to the background. The frame was die cut from some MFT dies and the birds were die cut using some patterned paper and some Memory Box dies. Finally, I added the silver flag with the white embossed greeting before mounting the card front on a light grey card base.

So now it's your turn to CASE Kay and have some fun! See you at Time Out!

Thanks for stopping by!
Jill

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jill, this is just so soft and lovely ... the pops of colour in the PP birds is gorgeous against all that texture-y white and that yummy splatter! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete