Thursday 10 November 2016

TIME OUT#70 - Photo Inspiration

This week at TIME OUT, we have a photo inspiration challenge for you - another beautiful Home Sweet Home photo chosen by Sandie.


Lots of pretty elements in this card to focus on - the wings, the flowers, the colours... what inspires you? You might want to check out how the rest of the DT was inspired, along with our fabulous GD this week, Hazel from Hazel's Paper Designs has a wonderful card to share.

Here is what I did:



I took my inspiration from the mirror in the picture - I loved the geometric style of it. I am on a little bit of a Christmas card streak right now - so I immediately thought of this new Memory Box tree die. I die cut it 4 times from some grey-brown cardstock and then glued them together. I then die cut it again from some silver foil cardstock and inlaid the circles inside the tree - a little bit hard to see in the picture because they are so reflective. The stamped greeting is from MFT (one of my favourite sets for holiday greetings), and the card panel was mounted on a piece of pink cardstock to match the colour scheme in the inspiration photo. So it may not be the most traditional holiday card but it works for me :)

So now it's your turn to take some TIME OUT and play with us!
Thanks for stopping by!
Jill



8 comments:

  1. Cool, graphic and wonderfully contemporary, Jill ... with a lovely touch of softness in the pink base! The shine of the silver foil set into the tree is brilliant! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I so missed the mirror, love how we all see different things. Fabulous graphic feel to this card and superb dimension x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the CAS, graphic feel of this Jill, and the foil really mimics that mirror to perfection! So grateful to be guesting with you this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, how good your christmascard looks in these soft pink and the mirror-graphic! Such a great take on the HSH-photo! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful love the colours and the die you used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your non traditional Christmas tree ! Really gorgeous take on the inspiration photo ! I'm just looking for the correct translation of Deck the halls ! Thanks for sharing !
    Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card. That die is so eye catching. I was also inspired by the circles in the mirror, but could not figure out what to do about it. Love your approach.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a cool take on the photo. So very different from the photo, but capturing its essence. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete