Wednesday 17 May 2017

Sparkle and Shine

Today, I am sharing a few of the cards that I made for the most recent Online Card Class - Sparkle and Shine. I loved the class - not surprising since I love sparkly and shiny techniques :) The lessons inspired me to dig out my supplies and play - here are some of the creations:

Day 1:Glitter
For the inlaid glitter technique, I used my Memory Box Dancing Snowflakes die as well as a Taylored Expressions Noel die to create the silhouettes. I added three shades of glitter in an ombre effect over the Be Creative tape (Glitter Ritz - Deep Purple; Glitter Ritz - Canadian Blue; Elizabeth Crafts - Bluebell). I absolutely love the finished card - this may just become my mass-produced Christmas card this year :)



Day 2: Foiling
For my foiling card, I combined ideas from a couple of the videos to create my card. I used a Power Poppy digital stamp and foiled it in gold onto some smooth Bristol card stock so that I could water colour it using my Zig markers. The foil is hard to capture with my camera but it really shines in real life when the light catches it. I finished the card by creating an aperture with a Simon Says Stamp stitched oval die and adding a Concord & 9th Hugs gold foil die cut.



Day 3:Shimmer, Pearl and Flakes
I love gilding flake mixes - but I don't use them very often so I definitely took this as an opportunity to play with them. I did the inlaid flakes technique that Jennifer demonstrated. The background die I used is from Lil Inkers (love it!) - and I used three different flake mixes for the inlay. It is hard to see the difference between them since they all have a lot of gold (maybe I need to buy more so that I have some different colours!) but I love the effect anyways. The card reminds of falling leaves in Autumn so I probably should have gone with a thanks greeting but I used a Winnie and Walter die cut hello over a vellum strip instead.



Day 6: Embossing Powder
I used Julie's technique on this card - with the Ranger Sticky Stuff and some Glitter Ritz Cool Highlight glitter. The snowflake is layered stamping (from the The Ton)  which is hard to see through the glitter and the greeting is from Simon Says Stamp. Even though I loved the technique, I wasn't entirely happy with the card so I tried to save it by completely over embellishing with sequins :)




Thanks for stopping by!
Jill

1 comment:

  1. These are all amazing Jill, you certainly learnt a lot and showcased your learning in style, great techniques to use for Xmas x

    ReplyDelete