Thursday 14 September 2017

TIME OUT #92 - Inspired By Words

Our "Inspired By Words" challenge this fortnight at TIME OUT is all about creativity :)  Today is International Dot Day which is all about celebrating the power and potential of creativity , and our quote is one that reflects that sentiment:

“Paint the flying spirit of the bird rather than its feathers.”~Robert Henri.

Here is how I was inspired by these words:



`I love these MFT flamingo dies :) I coloured mine with Distress Inks, and framed him up with a glittery silver frame, some pretty pink sequins, and background created with texture paste and glitter. The sentiment is from the MFT companion set - I thought it was a great take on the inspirational words.

I did another one where I used some light blue Nuvo paste on the background instead of the texture paste:


I like the way it looks in real life but it is very busy looking in the picture...

Our guest designer this week is the always inspiring Carol from Just Me: C - it is so fitting to have her guest designing on International Dot Day since her designs are so creative

Our sponsor for this challenge is Happy Little Stampers - they have generously offered a gift voucher to the top pick :)   - so it is definitely worth taking some TIME OUT to play along with us!

Thanks for stopping by!
Jill

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous indeed, Jill ... both of them ... glamourous and glitzy with such great texture! Brilliant! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an honour to be joining you in this challenge, Jill! Your flamingos are, indeed, handsome proud birds, sporting their lovely pink feathers and nestled in the sparkly silver frames! Dashing, indeed!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the glitter Jill and the pink...naturally. I so love that glitter pasted you use, especially the ones I have in my pack from you. My fav is the first one, my CAS loving heart has to go with that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card Jill! I love all the fun details. So, so fabulous! Both of them are fabulous but like that you can see the sequins a bit more on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are beautiful! Flamingo's are such beautiful and apart birds! Your cards look both so festive with the frames! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two stunning flamingo cards, these bring a smile to my face! I love your use of texture paste -I do have some and pretty much never use it. I should!! Thanks for the inspiration. Your card layout is perfect too -I love the way you added your sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jill, I LOVE these flamingo cards. Love the way the sentiment goes with the inspiration too and the glittery frame plays on the words perfectly. I also love the touch of that little strip of pink PP under the sentiment strip. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are both wonderful. Very cool flamingo, and love the play on words with the 'frame' sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jill i love these so much. The glitter and texture paste is absolutely beautiful Does the glitter stay on? I"ve thought about that technique but looks like it might come off. This is such a posh fancy flamingo. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colors, sparkle, frame and sentiment are all FABulous! I like the unexpected curved corner, too.

    ReplyDelete